Laser Cut Test Tile

 Laser Cut Test Tile

 




1. I first created a square 101.6 mm by 101.6mm. Then I used it to crop the original pattern. 






3. I cropped the original pattern and added a bit to fill in some space so it felt balanced. Then I trimmed all the hatches/curves that were outside of the box. Deleted the old hatches, I split the square lines with the curves, joined so they could be hatched. 

4. I made sure that my square was under the cut layer. 

The laser cutting appointment


Erica suggested I put it into greyscale. I originally had my drawing layer visible and she mentioned to have it hidden. We also had to save my file as Rhino 7 vs Rhino 8.

The greyscale was 25% 50% 75% and 100%


First Attempt: 

we used the laser masking paper, the laser did not get through the paper to the wood for the 50% and below. 




Second Attempt: 

We removed the masking paper





Details: 










Comments

Popular Posts